DR. TORPOR'S BLOG
If you’re retired you should really consider playing chess.
It provides many cognitive benefits for players. A Google search can show you all the good things chess does for the brain. It will make you wonder how you survived all these years without chess. It is similar to wishing you would have reduced your cholesterol long ago. And chess has crucial differences from those other pastimes that appeal to retired folks. In chess you rely on your wits. Whereas bridge subjects you to the luck of the draw and the whims of your partner. You cannot get sunburned playing chess like you can with golf, unless you insist on sitting outside. For that matter, it is virtually impossible to get injured playing chess. Although I did bang my thumb once while enthusiastically castling. It didn’t hurt that bad and I forgot about it almost immediately. Given the coronavirus, chess can be played virtually and in real time on chess.com. It has a nifty chat function so you still get to banter with your opponent. Keep that trash talk cranking. Dr. Torpor recommends you move beyond your checkered past and into a future of sixty-four squares.
– Obtain a Family Size box of Cheez-It
– Remove bag from the box but DO NOT open bag
– Make several pin holes on one side of the closed bag full of Cheez-It
– Using a roller, or whatever device you choose, crush the Cheez-It in the unopened bag with the air holes face-up
– Continue crushing Cheez-It until it becomes a fine powder of crumbs and salt
– Open bag
– Eat with a spoon
– Also good to mix with hash browns
Andy Warhol said the longer a couple stays together the more they look alike because they eat the same food.
Taking a variety of forms as I pass through dimensions, I was once a dead bird on a lawn. That was bad enough but then a dog peed on me.
It’s a good thing we inhabit earth. If not, who knows where we would be!
There are ten numbered minor arcana cards in each of the four suits. The meanings of these cards come from:
– The suit (cups, pentacles, swords, wands)
– The element (water, earth, air, fire)
– Symbolic meanings of the suits and elements
– The card’s number
– Symbols used in the card
– The complete scenario portrayed on the card
– The unique meaning attributed to that one individual card
– The card’s position in relation to the other cards in the spread
– How the card interacts with unconscious communication from the querent
Yes. But, as with many things, it depends. There are different methods of dream interpretation. The querent needs to feel comfortable with the approach their dream interpreter is using.
They certainly can. A lot depends on the skill of the reader. The method the reader uses to interpret the tarot needs to be a good fit for the querent. The cards themselves are almost always useful. They have multiple meanings and are powerful stimuli for considering any situation.